After reading quite a few blogs now that I've got one, I thought this might be a good place to write down some of the 'in the back of my head' quilting goals I have for 2012 just for the record!
I've already started a couple:
- Finish a Block of the Month quilt - I'm doing a BOM for the first time through Craftsy and have posted photos of my first month's blocks.
- Joined a Group - I joined the online Block Swap Australia group and I'm enjoying it so far!
- Make a scrap quilt - have some ideas, now need the time!
- Finish my UFO's. I have one done - a 2 year project for my son is finished and waiting to be washed before I take a photo. Now I just need my sewing machine back from being serviced and I can get cracking on the other 3 tops waiting their turn.
- Improve my free motion quilting skills - once my machine is back that should help as the foot pedal was a little unpredictable and is being replaced.
- Make a quilt for my husband's grand-daughter Serena. I'm making the BOM in nice girly colours in the hope that it might become hers and complete two projects in one!
- Start on my ME quilt. I have been collecting blue fabrics (no surprise there to anyone who knows me, my whole house is blue!) and have my pattern sorted, just need to start on a handmade one I want to make just for me!
- Organise all my projects into some sort of system, so I can keep track of them easily. Particularly the Block Swap ones. Don't want to lose track of who gave me what.
- Use up more of my stash fabrics - not that I have huge amounts but its no good waiting for them to multiply! For the record, I have 3 plastic tubs and one fat quarter bag at this point!
- Try to speed up my completion of projects. Ever since I started quilting I have been very slow to get to the end of a project. Mind you part of the problem is the lack of a sewing room where I can leave my project midway through but unless I eat one of my children that's not going to change so I need to work differently. Only trouble is the more time I sew the less time I walk and the bigger my backside gets. Perhaps I need to be able to sew on the move!
11. Just thought of another one! I bought a Folded 3D Mariners Compass ruler set at the 2011 Quilt Fair in Adelaide and I want to try and make a quilt with it, possibly for my brother who lives near the sea and loves sailing. Seems appropriate! So now its a top 11 but who knows it might even become a top 12 in 2012 yet!
12. Yep I knew I'd remember something else I keep meaning to try as soon as I posted so here it is. I want to make myself a tote bag to take all my stuff to work to replace the very sad and daggy looking bag I currently use.
So there we go, now I have 12 to dos in 2012!