- Finish binding on wildflower wallhanging - to send to Canada for Christmas - Done - received and happy campers all round!
- Red, Black & White swap block quilt - finish quilting and bind - another Christmas pressie - this seriously needs a new name - anyone got any suggestions? Named 'Red All About It', finished, gifted, loved it!
- Craftsy BOM quilt - sandwich, quilt & bind - yet another Christmas pressie! Finished, gifted, another happy camper!
- Wallhanging for mother-in-law - piece border, sandwich, quilt & bind - and yes, another Christmas pressie - eeek! Finished, gifted, loved it!
- Native floral table runner - maybe to send overseas(?)
- Native wildflower quilt - finish quilting and bind - not necessarily for Christmas but it would be nice if it was done so I could
shocksurprise my other half by finishing it!
- Star Quilt - sandwich, quilt, bind and use! (This quilt is for me - the first one I've made especially for me so I want it done before next winter!)
- Continue piecing hand stitched blue Cathedral Ceiling quilt - long term project for our room - no rush on this one!
- Pillow for Kieran using leftover Chinese symbol to go with his dragon quilt.
- Pillow for Simon using penguin fabric I bought online too long ago.
- Doggy quilts for Molly before old blanket falls apart.
- Bag each for Kerry and Sue - preferably for Christmas this year but unlikely so maybe for next year!
- Crumb Quilt from tiny scraps -maybe on sewing retreat in March?
- Rainbow string blocks -maybe on sewing retreat in March?
- Rainbow quilt with rainbow charms from Quilt Club Australia charm swap - by end of March?
- Baby quilt using Peter Rabbit squares - just because they're there and need using. Donate somewhere?
- Quilt for Auntie Betty - tube quilt?
- Mariner's Compass quilt using ruler set bought in 2011!
- Shadow Trapunto Quilt from Geta Grama's book
- Scrap quilt using charms from swaps and my scrap squares
- I Spy quilt
- Christmas Charms - project to use them on - placemats?
Maybe I should look back and see exactly what I have been doing all year, I mean I must have been doing something, right?
Well first there's Quilting Block Swap Australia - I've made 14 (I think!) blocks for the monthly swaps and 3 (again I think!) Swap Angel blocks. Here's one of my favourites of the ones I made this year:
Finally finished this dragon quilt for Kieran - I really love this quilt!
I made my first bag on my first sewing retreat:
Joined a mug rug swap (another first!) and made this for Kathy:
I learned to free motion quilt and quilted this for my mother-in-law:
Made this for my friend's mum who is battling cancer:
Made two of these for gifts:
I turned 50! Had a fabulous fiftieth getaway to celebrate - loved it!
Made this for my mother-in-law for Christmas:
Started and finished the Craftsy BOM - woohoo!
Made this for my step-daughter and her hubby in Canada - they apparently love it!
Finished my first QBSA quilt (well some of the blocks are swaps and some are mine!)
So I guess I have been doing something after all! Lots of firsts for me. This would have been my most productive year since I started quilting. Another first, this is the first year I would say I have started and finished any quilt in the same year and I've done a few this year so I'm very happy with my progress!
Oh, nearly forgot! I also made bags for my sister-in-law Kerrie's ward at her hospital. This is a few of them, I made some this size for drains for breast cancer patients and some smaller ones to hold some gadget the cardiac patients need to hang around their neck when they get out of bed.
Now just have to keep the momentum going and see how much I accomplish next year - bring on 2013!
Happy New Year!